Tuesday, October 31, 2006

We came, we saw, we sold some comics


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Trees & Hills debut at the Comic Book Show in Nashua, N.H. Sunday can be considered a networking success, although probably not a financial one. This is the new Talking Point. Please spread the word.

I think I sold 10 copies of the new anthology. Man, I pitched that thing. I pitched it to middle-aged women, Alan Moore fangirls, superhero nuts, goth kids and fanboys. One woman even asked me to sign my contribution, the first chapter of NUKE TOWN with Keith Moriarty and Zach Stephens.

Next dates for the show: April 1, 2007 and Oct. 14, 2007.

T&H co-founder Colin Tedford, meanwhile, was across the country at Stumptown in Portland, Ore. He checked in via e-mail a day or two ago with this dispatch, "Send guns and ammo. Food too. All dead here. Stay away."

Oops. Wrong e-mail. Sorry. He actually had this to say, "I sold 1 antho & traded 6; sold 14 other comics, traded 11. I was a little disappointed, but things seemed to go
slow for some other folks as well (Julia Wertz, for example, who came over
& traded some minis)."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes... the eternal question for Alternative Comicsistas. Do we attend the mainstream shows and promote to the Incredible Hulk fans, or would our time be better spent elsewhere?

I commend our brave correspondent for his venture. (The TREES AND HILLS standard blazes bravely in the background of that photo!) I wonder if he feels like we (members of Trees and Hills) should commit more time, people, gimmicks, freebies, etc. to such events?

Alternatively, if it's a "networking success", could we use these sorts of events to make connections with dealers/shops who want to carry cool regional indie comics?

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home